Thanks a lot stassen :)

sujay

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Stassen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:50 PM
To: Sujay Koduri
Subject: Re: my.cnf not found

Sujay Koduri wrote:

> hi,
>
> I tried installing MySQL4.1.13 and in the process I installed the
> following packages
>
> *     MySQL-client-4.1.13-0.i386.rpm
> *     MySQL-server-4.1.13-0.i386.rpm
> *     MySQL-shared-standard-4.1.13-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
>
> I am able to make connections to mysql and able to do
> update,insert,select and everything over the database.
> But i need to turnoff the auto commit option as i am planning to use
> INNOdb tables, which needs to be edited in the my.cnf file (i donnow
> if i can change this information anywhere else!!)
>
> I looked for this file in the following locations.
>
> /etc/
> /var/lib/mysql/  but i am not able to find it.
> please help me if i can do anything for this
>
> Thank you
> sujay

my.cnf doesn't exist till you create it.  See the manual for more
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/option-files.html>.

You don't need my.cnf to turn off autocommit, though.  In fact, you don't
even need to turn it off.  See the manual for details
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-and-autocommit.html>.

Michael