C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:

I am sorry. I meant another thing and wrote something else.

If I issue:  INSERT INTO table1 values ('username',MD5('password'))

I will have the password stored in the database with MD5.

What I actually need is a manual way to get the password back, that is decoding it.

By using a software this is easy but what I want to know is by using a simple query operation.

Is there any functions that I can use inside a SELECT statement that would show the password decoded?

MD5 is not reversible.
But you could do something like
   SELECT password=MD5(?)
to see if the password they supplied matches the one that was previously stored.

Thanks,

C.F.

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:

Hello all,

Is there any function that I could use on a SQL statement to store a password on a table manually using an algorithm like MD5?

Thanks,

C.F.