Martin,

EXECUTE is specifically for stored procedures.. Whilst the privilege is
available in >= 4.0.2, it has no effect at all until 5.0.something. This is
all documented in the "Privileges provided by MySQL" manual page I believe..

EXECUTE on a GLOBAL level would, of course, allow the grantee to call any
stored procedure.

HTH

Mark

Mark Leith