Octavian

>Please tell me how to rename a database.

As you already found, there are database features that don't survive renaming its directory. Best method I know is to mysqldump it and recreate it from the dump under the desired name.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Hi,

Please tell me how to rename a database. I couldn't find this in the manual.
I have tried to rename manually the name of the directory that holds that
database, but some tables can't be accessed after that. (I have found that
they are InnoDB tables, even though I never specified that I want this type
of engine when creating the tables).

Thank you.

Teddy

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.