HI,

If you want i can send you the help file so you dont need to browse anytime you need a command in mysql.

Thank you,

ehrwin

At 03:13 PM 8/22/2005, Gu Lei wrote:
Hi

That's a problem about privileges. Try mysql -uroot.
Please have a look at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privilege-system.html and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/user-account-management.html

regards

On 2005Äê08ÔÂ20ÈÕ 14ʱ46·Ö26Ãë, tai huijia wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm a new user for MYSQL and I face problem adding
> mysql database.
>
> After typing:
>
> SHOW DATABASES;
> I got this:
> +----------+
> | Database |
> +----------+
> | test     |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.02 sec)
>
> which does not contain mysql and tmp as shown:
> +----------+
> | Database |
> +----------+
> | mysql    |
> | test     |
> | tmp      |
> +----------+
>
> How can I create mysql database? I have gone through
> the manual provided, but I don't really understand the
> way to create it.
>
> Please guide me. THANK YOU!

Ehrwin C. Mina

9/F Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue cor. Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue
Makati City 1200 Philippines

Cell       (63 918) 930 4383
           (63 917) 845 2102
Tel        (63 2) 757 2630/32
Fax        (63 2) 757 2633
Email      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web        www.chikka.com

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Chikka does not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Chikka does not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.