From: "John ccccc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: FW: RE: MSSQL to MySQL mapping
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:18:43 +0000

I am trying to adjust sql_mode but with no success. I use MySQL Query Browser from a remote mashine, login as root and I run set global sql_mode='ansi';

Then I run MySQLCommand line client from the MySQL server and the sql_mode is unchanged.

I also tried to set the sql_mode in the My.ini file but it does not seem to have any effect. We have a web application that connects to MySQL. The applicatio written to communicate to SQL Server and the MySQL default mode cannot interpret the sql queries.

How do I set the sql_mode, with what tool, how do I ensure what sql mode is currently set?

Thank you for your help
John C