Hello.

> It looks like there is something called a InnoDB Hot Backup that is a =

> perl script. Is this something that Mysql offers, or is it something one =

> needs to purchase.

InnoDB Hot Backup is a good tool. Have a look here:

  http://www.innodb.com/order.php

But mysqldump is very often good as well. Have a look here:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqldump.html

You should read carefully about --lock-all-tables, --lock-tables,

--single-transaction, --all-databases command line options. Search

in the archives at:

  http://lists.mysql.com/mysql

for possible backup solutions where tables of both types are present.

       <___/   www.mysql.com