Fábio Emilio Costa wrote:

I'm working in a project in C++ using MySQL C API (Win98/Dev-C++
4.9.9.8/MySQL DevPak/MySQL 4.1.13) and I want to know if it's possible
to setup the server environment language (--language) via
mysql_options() function.

It seems that you are actually asking whether the documentation for mysql_options() is wrong, since a glance at its documentation says that the answer is clearly "no". Do you not trust the people maintaining the MySQL C API documentation?

Also: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/languages.html

Also, I want to know if it's possible  to setup a table to  MyISAM
instead of InnoDB via C API.

Again, the documentation answers your question. From the introductory material in chapter 14:

"To convert a table from one type to another, use an ALTER TABLE statement that indicates the new type:

ALTER TABLE t ENGINE = MYISAM;"