Yes. I installed zlib in /usr/local/zlib and openssl in /usr/local/openssl. I then added /usr/local/zlib/lib and /usr/local/openssl/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and ran ldconfig.

It still was giving me errors. So I had to manually add the paths to the Makefiles and it worked.

Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:

did u add the directories where the SSL and others
live in /etc/ld.so.conf, then run ldconfig ? I believe
this is the path were ReaHat stores what directories
to search for libraries.

regards,
esv.

--- RedRed!com IT Department <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Now that I'm done. I have looked in the config.log
and through the Makefiles. It wasn't finding the libraries for some reason. I have since resolved this issue, and am including my steps below. I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this was a quick fix for
me.

My configure command was as follows:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--with-mysqld-user=mysqld --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/zlib --with-openssl=/usr/local/openssl --with-openssl-libs=/usr/local/openssl/lib --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/openssl/include --without-innodb CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/zlib/include

I was still getting errors for zlib and ssl
functions. So I waded through the Makefiles and added the following to
these Makefiles.

add "-ldl -lz -L/usr/local/zlib/lib" to the libs
parameter of /Software/MySQL/mysqlx.x/vio/Makefile

add “-ldl” to libs parameter of
/Software/MySQL/mysqlx.x/client/Makefile

add “-ldl” to libs parameter of
/Software/MySQL/mysqlx.x/tests/Makefile

after adding the above to the appropriate Makefiles,
the rest of the configuration, make, and make install ran smoothly.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Sean

Enrique Sanchez Vela
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]