Sérgio Júnior wrote:
> I’ve never worked with mysql db’s and I would like to start a new
> Project at work creating a new mysql db. I start read but I got lost
> so many times that I am seeking guidance help, someon to tell me
> first start with this and after do that. Is anyone available to give
> some guidance at that level? Some starting point and a following line
> of learning.

You are a bit vague about what your requirements and problems are.

Do you need to install a server?

If you still have problems with this, tell us what OS you are using, what you have tried and what error messages you got.

Do you have a problem creating the database? The syntax is straight forward: CREATE DATABASE dbname;

If it does not work, the user account you use with mysql does not have the right privileges, or the server is setup wrong (file system permission problems), or you are not entering the command into the client. Again, tell us what OS you are using, what you tried and what error message you got.

Maybe you allready have access to the database, but you don't know where to go from here? There are many books on mysql in a good bookstore, but the online tutorial should be your first stop:

I use the online reference manual a lot. The main TOC is here:

Some essential chapters:

Finally, as a general note, I suggest you define your project properly. Only after you know what problem you want to solve, you can start solving it. Even if you are doing this just for fun, or for learning, you should come up with a specification or at least a description of what you want your database-enabled information system to do.

--
Roger