Hello.

> use MySQL through php. I understand that I must first create a user,

If you have MySQL correctly installed on your system, at least four

users usually exist (''@localhost, ''@hostname, [EMAIL PROTECTED],

[EMAIL PROTECTED]). Connect to MySQL server as root and create a user

with limited rights using GRANT statement. See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/grant.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com