Pooly wrote:
Hi,

I would like to display a list of members who have their birthday a
given day (today for instance).

For such an application I've used a single integer column to store a number consisting of the month and day (day as 2 digits!!!) concatenated. So dates range from 101 to 1231. The range isn't continuous, but at least the dates are ordered correctly.

In this situation you can also easily query ranges (who's celebrating their birthday in the next week/month/etc.). The only caveat is when the start and end of the range is in two different years; then you'll have to split the range up and use a range for each year.

Regards, Jigal.