Matthew Stuart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/25/2005 03:26:51 PM:

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
> [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: '@localhost' to
> database 'client_db1'
>
> I am having trouble getting any MySQL site to work on my local PC, but
> they work fine remotely. I have just changed PC and now have IIS
> whereas before I used to have Personal Web Server. I have just managed
> to stop this happening with any microsoft access database site by
> changing permissions, but I am not having the same kind of result with
> the MySQL sites.
>
> Do I need to change permissions for the MySQL databases? If so, up on
> which folder do I change permissions.
>
> My websites are located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot, and MySQL is located at
> C:\mysql. The location of these folders didn't have any adverse effect
> with personal web server, does it with IIS?
>
> Mat

Yes it is a permissions problem but not a _folder_ permissions problem.
You error message tells me that you are attempting to authenticate with
the mysql server as the mysql user "anybody". The "anybody" account can be
identified by the _lack_ of a name before the @ symbol. There are two
things you need to check.

A) there is a MySQL user with MySQL permissions to do whatever it is you
want to do in MySQL.

b) When you attempt to connect, you attempt to connect as that user.

Check out the following reading for more details:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/user-account-management.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/connecting-disconnecting.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/connecting.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/access-denied.html