Thank you for your response.  I understand that stored procedures and
triggers are very much new to MySQL.  In fact, this has been an eagerly
awaited feature by my management as a means to remove our dependence on
that budget eater (Oracle) (and myself for personal projects).  I was
hoping that I just wasn't finding the right place in the documentation,
or that someone else had already encountered this requirement in MySQL
5.0.

I will take that as confirmation that what we need is not (yet?) in
MySQL.  With that in mind, I can see if I'm able to come up with a
workaround or if I need to shelve these particular lines of code
(comment them out in the MySQL version for now), and revisit it with
each beta release.

On a side note, what they've done so far is great!  This is something,
even in it's current functionality, that I see scores of use for.  For
hopefully obvious reasons, I don't use Oracle for personal projects, so
triggers are a feature I've longed for in MySQL.

Dan.