Hi all,

I've started using MySQL for the first time and I'm hvaing a bit of a problem with
defining an AUTO_INCREMENT column.  I'm using ver 3.23.32 which I downloaded for Linux
and Win2k.  I am having this problem on both systems.

Ok if I try to run the create table statement:

create table test
(id_pk numeric(10) AUTO_INCREMENT)

I get the error:

Error while executing statement:
Invalid argument value: Incorrect column specifier for column 'id_pk'
Correct the statement and do another try!

Does anyone know why this happens?  Am I missing something that needs to included
during compilation?

Thanks

Matt