Can anyone please tell me why this fails, I've done this type of thing before
without a problem

Insert Into tbl1 Select 10306, fld2, fld3, fld4 From tbl1 Where fld1=8114

tbl1 has five fields all ints with fld5 being the autoincrement index.

I've also tried it as,

Insert Into tbl1 (fld1, fld2, fld3, fld4)
Values(Select 10306, fld2, fld3, fld4 From tbl1 Where fld1=8114)

I think its obvious what I want but just in case, I want to duplicate all the
records where fld1 matches my value and assign all the duplicate records a new
value for fld1. When I do it the first way I get a "Column Count doesn't match
value count at row 1" error. When I do it the second way I just get a syntax
error.

Thanks!