Hello everyone!

I just wanted to give everyone an update.  I'm still getting this error
when I try to back up this database table.  I don't get it at the same
row each time - today was at row 1,618, yesterday it was at row 24,566.
Just a reminder of my symptoms:

1. mysqldump is the only thing reporting any errors
2. the database server itself is not crashing
3. the timeouts on the database server are all set to 86,400 seconds
4. there is plenty of disk space on both the database server and the
backup media
5. the max_packet_size is 100MB
6. the maximum row size is less than 50MB

I have run the backup by hand a few times (not as part of a cron job,
but rather from my session instead) and it does complete (after about
4-5 hours).  That would be fine, except that the backup slows the entire
system down, so I can't run it during the day - that's why it's usually
part of a cron job that runs at 1AM UTC.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what's causing this, and what I
might be able to do to fix it?  Is there any way to maybe split the
backups into 3 or 4 pieces so that no one .sql file is so big and no one
run against the database is so long?

Thanks in advance!

Tim Gustafson
MEI Technology Consulting, Inc