Hello,

I am just getting started with MySql and PHP (previously was just
designing web pages). I am very new to database-based web development.

I installed IIS and PHP. I thought I installed MySQL as well but I can't
tell if it is working or not. I was told if I make a phpinfo.php file
and open it my browser I would see. Supposedly if there is a listing for
MySQL in the list that would mean it is running. There is no listing of
MySQL there. There are listings for other PHP items however which I
guess means PHP is running.

I saw that in the bin folder of MySQL there is a program called
MySQLadmin. Whenever I try to run that a small black screen flashes
momentarily on my screen (kind of looking like a command line window)
and then it disappears without giving me a chance to even see what it
is. Actually this happens with every program in the bin folder.

Would someone please tell me what I need to do to get MySQL to work?
Right now I am just trying to set things up so that I can start learning
PHP. Please help.

Thank you.

Joe Herman
New York City