Wiebe de Jong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/09/2005 17:32:07:

> I used mixed case in naming my schemas, tables and fields in Postgres
7.1.
> (i.e. onDemand.callDetailRecord) Now I have to move my app over to
MySQL.

> What are the best practices for naming in MySQL?

Definitely use lower case only for databases (schemas) and tables. Since
(for MyIsam at least) these map on to the underlying filesystem, which is
cases sensitive for Unixes and case independent for Windows, you avoid a
lot of trouble if you stick to lower case. Fields are, I think, case
insensitive throughout, so do as you will.

        Alec Cawley