I am trying to connect to MySQL from within ColdFusion on a linux box.
ColdFusion (version 5) came with a Merant driver, but it is too old to
support transactions.

I've downloaded libmyodbc_mysql.so (MyODBC 2.5) and also libmyodbc3.so
(MyODBC 3.5) and could not get either of these to work.  But I'm not
sure if I'm using them correctly.

Basically all I've done is copy these files to my machine and change
this line in ColdFusion's odbc.ini file:
Old: Driver=/opt/coldfusion/lib/CFmysql15.so
New: Driver=/opt/coldfusion/lib/libmyodbc_mysql.so

Does this sound like I'm using them correctly?  Most of the
documentation I find about MyODBC talks about installing an odbc
manager, I believe ColdFusion already has one built in, since the
odbc.ini file already exists and is used.

When I use ODBC 3.5 my server just hangs.  When I use the 2.5 driver I
get this error:
ODBC Error Code = IM003 (Specified driver could not be loaded)

Thanks for any help.
-Ryan