Hi,

        I hacked the Makefile so that it would recompile it with
-debug on the version. I started it with "--debug" as part of the
extra args passed to safe_mysqld. It started, and created a
/tmp/mysqld.trace where its logging to.

        So far, no one with a broken reverse DNS has tried to
contact the server.... However, me with a good reverse but no
authority via the /etc/hosts.allow has gone against it 5 or
6 times, and the log doesn't even show any evidence.

        If it isn't showing any sort of logging of my illegal
attempt, I'm concerned it will not show any attempts from the
hosts that are causing the problems.

                Thanks, Tuc