Hello.

> "Fulltext initialization"

Ok, now we exactly know that we should optimize the FULLTEXT part

of your query. I don't know the options which directly affects the speed

of the FULLTEXT searches, so I suggest you to play with key_buffer and

table structure. The ratio of Key_reads to Key_read_requests is good

so we don't need to increase the value of the key_buffer_size.

Check if the speed of the queries have changed after running OPTIMIZE

TABLE on `programms1` table. Please send the output of EXPLAIN for your

query after running ANALYZE TABLE. If the output of EXPLAIN and the speed

of the query has changed when you make the strings in the AGAINST clauses

the same? Create a separate table (let's call it newtable) with id and

search_keywords fields (linked to the programms1 on id). Make a FULLTEXT

index on search_keywords and research if the speed of the query which

retrieves the 'relevance' from the newtable has changed. Research how the

value of the PACK_KEYS  option affects the speed of the queries on your

old (I guess you'll perform tests on the copy of the original table) and

new table (with the structure which I've proposed). Create a separate cache

for indexes from the newtable and load indexes into it (I guess the memory

where FULLTEXT index is stored will be less fragmented). Create a separate

cache for the programms1 table and load indexes into it on startup

(for the same reason), however I'm not sure if you able to do this in

production environment. The best is to perform all manipulations on the

test server with the same configuration. See:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/index-preloading.html

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/multiple-key-caches.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com