On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 11:00:43AM -0700, Karam Chand wrote:
> First all it is not recommended at all to dump and
> import user information.

Why not?  They are just entries in a database, like any other.  How
would you propose I move a large batch of users to another database
server?

> Secondly the user authentication system has changed
> between 4.0 and 4.1 so old passwords from 4.0 wont
> work. Its given in the docs.

Re-read my email: I'm moving from 4.1 -> 4.1.
Re-read the docs: 4.1 can authenticate against both hash formats.

I just forgot to "flush privileges", that's all!

--
Ross Vandegrift
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

man in the bonds of Hell."