----- Original Message -----

> > However, this does not seem to replicate to the slave, and no error
> > shows
>
> Have you compared the slave's relay logs and master's binary logs? Does
> this query present in both logs?

The hint was what I needed, Gleb. Spasibo. It turns out that the
administrator doing this is using an elderly version of SQLyog to run his
scripts, and either by accident or design, SQLyog doesn't make entries in
the master bin-log - so no replication is ever going to happen. The query
(actually a set of queries) don't appear in logs on either server.

This GUI has been in use for over a year, but we only switched on the
replication system a couple of weeks ago, and this is the first
'occasional' update - that was frequently used on the old master-only
system without problems.

Thanks again for the hint!

Terry