Thank you. This is a very promising answer. I don't know that we want to
drop the table if we don't have to, but knowing that we can restart the DB
without the rollback operation is a boon! We could certainly do a mysqldump
of just that table (which works fine, we continue to run nightly backups),
then restore it if we do need to drop it.

-- Joe