Here's some thing I've been thinking about.

I want to use INNODB without FKs. I don't need or want referential integrity
in my app (due to a schema and performance issue).

Basically I just create FKs in my OR layer and my app enforces the rules.
The column is still an _ID column so I visually know a FK when I see one but
INNODB doesn't have to do any runtime checks on insert.

My question is whether INNODB will be faster without them. If so by how
much. If it's close to the speed of MyISAM then I'll be a happy camper.

Thoughts?

Kevin

AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://www.feedblog.org/