Josh Chamas wrote:
> Ryan Stille wrote:
>> Has anyone ever used this MSSQL-to-MySQL converter?  It's pretty
>> reasonable at $40, and the demo output I got looked pretty good.  But
>> I wanted to see if there is anything I should be weary about.
>> http://www.convert-in.com/mss2sql.htm
>>

> I have done a test migration before with it and it seemed fine.
>
> I would also stay tuned for our MySQL Migration Toolkit to
> support MSSQL migrations.  You can find it here:
>
>    http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/migration-toolkit/

I did go ahead and purchase the product. It worked pretty well, I had to
modify the output a little.  When exporting the data using this tool, it
added ALTER TABLE lines that changed the DATETIME fields to DATE fields.
I guess it saw that the time for all the dates was 0:00 and thought this
information was not necessary.

I did try the MySQL Migration Toolkit.  Some of the definitions it
generated were incorrect.  One thing I remember for sure is that it was
turning my TEXT(16) fields (which are pretty long) into VARCHAR(16),
which is pretty short.  But I understand it is still Alpha software.

Thanks,
-Ryan