Hi,

I accidently delete all my records from a table, but I always make backups!!!

Okay, I deleted the (empty) table with drop table.
Than I recreate the table and all the data mith a mysql batch job (from
mysqldump) .
No problem. Than I started the mysql UI and make some test queries.

select * from passwd;

All records are displayed

if I query only for one column I get an empty set back

select pw_name from passwd  where pw_name='pbs013';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

If I query for the whole record all works fine:

mysql> select * from passwd where pw_name='pbs013';
+---------+----+---------+---------------+--------+--------+---------------+----
----------+----------+
| name_nr | nr | pw_name | pw_passwd     | pw_uid | pw_gid | pw_gecos      |
pw_dir       | shell_nr |
+---------+----+---------+---------------+--------+--------+---------------+----
----------+----------+
|      50 | 50 | pbs013  | deleted |  10013 |  10000 | andre konopka |
/home/pbs013 |        1 |
+---------+----+---------+---------------+--------+--------+---------------+----
----------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

After restarting mysqld all works as expected???

mysql> select pw_name from passwd  where pw_name='pbs013';
+---------+
| pw_name |
+---------+
| pbs013  |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Andre

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 08-May-01
Time: 16:28:44

()  Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against html email
/\  and Microsoft attachments.

"I heard if you play the NT-4.0-CD backwards, you get a satanic message"
"That is nothing, if you play it forward, it installs NT-4.0"