OK.. Thanks for the fast replies..

The reason I thought about this is that I got several tables that hold their own specific data and are indexed inside themselves. But I got an issue to search on JOIN of 2 or more tables with comparison and/or ordering on combinations of fields from the various tables. This usualy ended up in a case that the first table in the JOIN used his own index, while the rest had to do full table scan, so thought that if there was a spanned index it would be much faster.. Unfortunately, as I thought, it is impossible (for now at least)..

Anyways, it seems that the way to overcome this problem is to have one big table joined from all the smaller tables. Problem is that it will be real big with many-many fields and some long TEXT/BLOB fields.

Thanks for the help,
-Eli.