No. You will need to use an application external to the server to perform
the data collection process. This application can be one you write
yourselves or something you purchase. There are many ways to perform
things on a schedule:

a) you application continuously runs and performs certain actions
according to an internal timer

b) the operating system uses one of its task scheduling services to launch
your application according to a schedule you set.

There are absolutely too many  ways to solve your problem to answer your
question any more specifically.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine