Hi list,

We are using mysql 4.0.24 on RHEL 3.0  on dell 2650 machine with 2 gb RAM.
We tried to fine tune query cache . please find below the analysis

 PARAMETER                             old
modified

 ==========                          ==========
================

query_cache_size                      10 MB
32 MB

Qcache_queries_in_cache          187
2444

Qcache_inserts                         1226682
13560221

Qcache_hits                              1510151
7380756

Qcache_lowmem_prunes            850128
8096499

Qcache_not_cached                  2725692
16361318

Qcache_free_blocks                   65
12

Qcache_free_memory                9.26 MB
28.79 MB

qCACHE HIT RATE                    27.64%
19.78%

QCACHE HIT RATE IS CALUCULATED WITH FORMULA =  (Qcache_hits/(Qcache_inserts
+Qcache_not_cached+Qcache_hits))  * 100

As per the above analysis we observed that qcache hit rate came down after
increasing query_cache_size from 10 MB to 32 MB and  qcache_hits got
increased but the remaining parameters Qcache_inserts, Qcache_not_cached,
Qcache_lowmem_prunes also increased because of that hit rate came down
drastically. We didn't understand the reason behind hit . Is there any
recommended procedure to fine tune query cache . awaiting early reply from
list.

Thanks in advance

Anil

DBA