From: Michael Stassen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:22 PM
To: Anil
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: problem with grant

Anil wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have granted all privileges to a user to connect from any host like
below

>             grant all on *.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'password';
>             flush privileges;

Verify this worked with

   SHOW GRANTS FOR [EMAIL PROTECTED];

By the way, giving all privileges to a user who can connect from any machine

in the world is probably not a good idea.

> when I tried to connect to database using ip address like below on the
> server where database was hosted
>
>   mysql -u<username> -p  -h127.0.0.1
>
> I am unable to connect to the database. Please anybody explain what was
the
> problem

We cannot explain, because you have not told us what went wrong.  Please
provide the exact text of the error message you received (copy/paste).

> Thanks
> Anil
> DBA

Michael