Dear all,

On my server there are thousands of database files contenting Chinese records. The total data volumn is over 20GB. Is there an easy way to upgrade the whole system from MySQL 3.23.x to 4.1.x?

"mysqldump" is NOT a good way for me. It will be a hard and time costing work. Is it possible to directly use the binary db files, "*.frm", "*.MYI", "*.MYD", and keep the Chinese support? This is a very big and important problem facing many Chinese users.

cheers,
Chenzhou

Chenzhou Cui (China-VO Project) National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: (8610)64841695
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: (8610)64878240
Datun Road 20A, Chaoyang District | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb