Hello.

In my opinion, if you're unable to put InnoDB files on different disks

there is no sense to use separate files. Even more - using the raw

partition for InnoDB might increase a performance. See:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-raw-devices.html

However, if you prefer many files, you may want to use per-table

tablespace. See:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/multiple-tablespaces.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com