I have a database that was created with MySQL 4.0. The character set for
each table is latin1. I have upgraded the server to MySQL 4.1. I would like
to change the character set for each table to utf8. What is the correct
procedure? Can I just change the table character set with an alter statement
or do I need to export data, alter table, then import data?

Kirk Bowman                                           Phone: 972-390-8600
MightyData, LLC                                 http://www.mightydata.com
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer              FileMaker Authorized Trainer
               Check out our FileMaker 7 training classes!