Hello

I've just read the users management, it is pretty clear but have a technical
doubt...

I have a server at the office and want to work on it from home sometimes. It
has not a fixed ip, is ADSL and address changes from time to time. Am able to
access the server via ssh by using a domain over dynamic address (it gets
updated constantly so there's no problem to reach the server).

My doubt is...

The providers domain is always dsl-IPADDRESS.provider.com and have a domain
over dynamic IP configured as MYDOMAIN.subdomain.com which points to the
current IPADDRESS.

Would it be possible to add an entry to the 'Host' table using
MYDOMAIN.subdomain.com ??? I was thinking that it depends on how the
validation process works... if the domain is converted to IP and then
compared with the incoming IP then it should work, but, if the incoming IP is
converted to domain name and then compared to the database will not work
since that returns the name of the provider and not MYDOMAIN...

Server does not work on weekend so I can't test right now, but I wanted to
ask, anybody knows how is the validation process of the IP?

1. does MySQL convert domain name in database into IP and then compares with
the incoming connection IP?

or

2. the incoming connection IP is converted to domain and then compared to the
domain names and IPs in the hosts table?

It would be great to work from home, but don't want to set the permission to
the provider's subnet domain name, but to the customized domain set to the
dynamic ip (MYDOMAIN) instead.

Any suggestion?

Thanks