I don't have any experience with stored procedures and find the
Documentation in the MYSQL manual a bit sketchy or maybe I am just miss
reading it. Can any one point me to some documentation that will help with
fully understanding Stored Procedures?

What I am trying to migrate out of my program code is a procedure to do the
following for update commands.

1)     Determine that the ID Field and the Last Updated Timestamp Field is
still the same as when the data was originally read.

2)     If not the same then Raise an error back to the program so It can
determine the action.

3)     If the same then lock row and perform update.

Future development of this could extend to remove more out of code to handle
when the two don't match. The procedure there is

1)     Compare Original Field Value to Current Value in Memory if the two
don't match then

2)     IF the Original Field Value and the Current Value Stored in Table
Match then update Field IF not then raise error and prompt user for action.

This may be more information than required, but some one out their might be
doing similar things that they can point me in the direction of some more
documentation or even better still a few Example scripts that I can pull
apart and learn from.

Regards,

              Justin Elward

Blue Wave Software Pty Limited

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ph. +61 2 4320 6090

Fx. +61 2 4320 6092

-------------------

DISCLAIMER:

This message is proprietary to Blue Wave Software Pty Limited (BWS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or individuals to whom it is
addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should
not be circulated with out informing BWS prior or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. BWS accepts
no responsibility (except where required under Australian law) for loss or
damage arising from the use or misuse of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."