Jason Ferguson wrote:
Many thanks for the earlier response to why LOAD DATA INFILE wasnt working
for me. However, another problem has appeared.

In the file I am reading, 2 of the fields are SUPPOSED to be float values.
However, in several places, they are set to "UNKNOWN". This seems to cause
LOAD to abort.

Is there a way for me to tell it to ignore this problem and just use the
default value for the column?

How about just replace occurrences of the string "UNKNOWN" in the original file with NULL (the logical equivalent) or 0 (if you're using NOT NULL columns) before doing LOAD DATA INFILE?

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer