> Jeff wrote:
> > Had problem with our database this weekend, apparently an
> app did an
> > insert query that was huge size wise and this totally boogered up
> > replication downstream.  Also I cant read past that point in the
> > binlog using mysqlbinlog on the master server.  It complains that:
> >
> > ERROR: Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too big',
> > data_len: 1953458240, event_type: 119
> > ERROR: Could not read entry at offset 66113944 : Error in
> log format
> > or read error
> >
> > And then there are the weird table files that showed up in the data
> > directory for the database (all MyISAM):
> >
> > -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql         14K Sep 12 11:50
> > #sql-7c1c_217c.frm
> > -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1.8G Sep 12 11:54
> > #sql-7c1c_217c.MYD
> > -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql         92M Sep 12 12:09
> > #sql-7c1c_217c.MYI
> >
> > Anyone ever see something like this before?  Are they files
> for a temp
> > table maybe?
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> Hello.
>
> Yes, these files are from some unterminated query. See:
>    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/temporary-files.html
>
> You may want to use --start-position (--start-datetime) and
> --stop-position (--stop-datetime) to skip the problematic
> statement and perform necessary updates on the slave by hand.
> What versions of
> MySQL do you use?

On the master we're still running 4.0.16, the slaves are up to 4.1.13.

To repair the problem with replication I simply restarted the master so
it created another binlog and then took a snapshot and recreated the
slaves.

I found out just this morning however that one of the tables has a
corrupted MYI file.  When I try to run a query on it, I get...

ERROR 1016: Can't open file: 'Mailbox_Old.MYI'. (errno: 144)

Running perror I get:

Error code 144:  Unknown error 144
144 = Table is crashed and last repair failed

I'm running mysqlcheck on the offending table now.

Thanks,

Jeff