Hi,

I was wondering if you have solved your problem. I am quite interested excually.

Best regards, Danny

Todd Ellison wrote:
OK, I am ready to get flamed. I have done so much stuff wrong on this MySQL server that it finally came back to bite me. I've learned my lesson and hopefully someone here will find it in their heart to help me.

I have a database which is updated quite often, running from a web server. There is no binary log. There is, however, a text query log going back to before my problem. The server had an I/O error and apparently corrupted the files for my database. I have a backup of the database from some time back, but need to recover the data since that time.

I know there is a way to parse binary logs and recover from them, but is there a way to do the same for text logs? I think I can write a bash script to reformat the file into a series of queries, but I was hoping there was an easier way.

Thanks so much, anyone willing to help.

Todd Ellison