Hi

I have 2 applications communicating via a mysql database

the db is 4.1.8 running on a debian linux system.
All tables are innodb

app 1 1 runs on a windows machine, is written in c# and talks to the db
with odbc

app 2 runs on the same machine as the db and is writtin in php.

Here's the problem

app 1 writes sales data to a table, when it is finished it unsets a flag
in another table to indicate that it is finished

app 2 polls for the flag to be unset, then reads the sales data.

Sometimes whem app 2 reads the data there is nothing to be read, i am
logging the queries that app 2 is using to do the inserts, then by the
time i can open up a terminal and query the table manually the data is
there.

The only thing I can assume it that there is some kind of timing issue
and the data is not fully written when I try to read it, this doesn't
happen every time and may only be when the server is loaded. Does this
happen?  If so what can I do about it, would putting the inserts into
one big transaction help? At the moment All of the inserts are done by
implicit commits.

Sorry for the essay, i an just trying to fully document what I know.

Thanks
tony