Hi Jörg,

On Thursday 29 September 2005 12:09, you wrote:
> Hi Martijn, all!
>
> Martijn van den Burg wrote (reordered)

> >[[...]]
> >
>  > TMPDIR is not set explicitly, and the first 'fallback' directory in
>  > that case is '/tmp', which is accessible and has enough diskspace.
>  > At least, when I checked this morning.
>
> You said this is Solaris.
>
> AFAIK, Solaris uses the same disk area for "/tmp" and paging, so the
> available space for files in "/tmp" may vary even without files being
> manipulated.
>
> I propose you set TMPDIR to point to some other disk area.

'df' indeed shows that /tmp is the swap partition, although mysql can still
create files there (i.e. it's not like Linux's partition type 82, which you
can't write to normally IIRC).

I'll check swapping.

Unfortunately I'll have to reboot to change TMPDIR, and the users won't like
that :(

Regards,

--
</Martijn>