Michael Stassen wrote:

Before loading the file,

  SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

after loading the file,

  SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

That's it! Thanks :)

Even better, upgrade to a newer mysql (4.1.1+), where they are automatically added to the dump file for you.

Not until the client libraries are ready. I don't feel 'right' about hacking up the place with --old-password options and such. Also, my Gentoo server ( stable branch ) insists that 4.0.x is the latest that I can expect to install without breaking things. After doing some testing on my workstation, I tend to agree - getting everything compiled against 4.1.x is a major pain, and certainly not something I'm about to do at the moment with no real advantages on offer - I'm just likely to break something and be very sorry. Once all the questions about:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider
upgrading MySQL client

have died down, *then* it's time to upgrade the server.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer