From: Scott Noyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 6:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Global Replace

> We have a database on MySql 4 and it contains many tables. In each
> field in the table in the past were there was no data to display we
> simply left the field blank, we now want to replace a null entry with
> No Data

I advise you to reconsider.  You are reducing the flexibility and
usefullness of your data by doing this.  Functions designed to take
advantage of NULL values will be lost to your applications.  Your database
will consume more disk space, and probably take longer to search.

Leave the database fields as NULL, and design the output of your
applications to display "No Data" where appropriate.

--
Scott Noyes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]