Merlin wrote:
Hi there,

I am facing problems with fulltext search on MySQL 4.0.18

Problem is, that words which are not seperated by space are not found.
Example:
A search for "dsl" will not find "DSL-Modem"
I looked it up on mysql.com help, but despite the fact that this is not seperated by space and only 3 letter, I could not find a solution.

Can anybody point me to the right way? Thank you for any help,

Merlin

Show us the query that fails, fulltext works ok here.

SELECT id,txt,ch FROM fulltxt WHERE txt LIKE "%modem";
id,txt,ch
0,DSL-modem,DSL-Modem
1,Cable-Modem,Cable-Modem

SELECT id,txt,ch FROM fulltxt WHERE txt LIKE "dsl%";
id,txt,ch
0,DSL-modem,DSL-Modem

id is int, txt is text, ch is char.
HTH