"Andrew Braithwaite" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/04/2005 05:39:59
AM:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just upgraded a master slave database system from 4.0 to 4.1.
> the replication binlogs are now growing at a vastly greater rate.  The
> queries going through are the same.  Did 4.0 use some kind of
> compression by default or something?
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?  Any other pointers
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew
>
> Sql, query

You haven't physically looked at and compared the logs, have you >:-{ If
you had,  you could have answered yourself.

You will see that v4.1 binlogs more things than 4.0. More log entries =
bigger files.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine