Hi there,

I just discovered, that I do have some old rows I do not need anymore. A result from forgeting to empty the table before starting to go into production :-) However, I do try to find the rows which are not asociated with another table in order to delete them.
I have 2 tables:
table1 and table2

table1 has the key: "ID"
table2 has the subkey "table1_id"

Now I would like to delete all rows in table1 which are not listed in table2 with an id.
I tried:
SELECT
   t1.*
FROM
   table1 as t1,
   table2 as t2
WHERE
   t1.ID != t2.table1_id

But this returns hundreds of thousends of results.
I also tryed to group by t1.ID, but it did not help

Does anybody have a good idea how to get rid of those rows?

Thanx, Merlin

PS: Thanx for the answer for the question with full text search! That worked excellent!