From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:23 PM
To: Lakshmi NarasimhaRao (WT01 - Voice & Next Generation Networks)
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: Reg insertion of data

You also forgot to mention how you are dumping....

Do you see the trailing \r if you run a normal query on the field? Use
the HEX() function and look for the value 0D anywhere in the output.

 Are you 100% certain that the \r is not part of your original data?  If
you look at your source data with a hex editor, do you see 0D 0A at the
end of each line or just 0A?

If you are importing data built in Windows, your lines will proabably
terminate with "\r\n" and not just "\n".  Are you sure you configured
your LOAD DATA INFILE to properly parse the end-of-line markers for the
data you are importing?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine