From: Octavian Rasnita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 3:50 PM
To: Sujay Koduri; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: creating socket

From: "Sujay Koduri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> This error means that the mysql server has not started in the first place.
> So try to have a look in the logs (generally this should be in
> /var/lib/mysql/) and find out the reason why the server hasn't started.
>
> sujay

I have discovered that mysql creates the socket in /tmp/mysql.sock instead
of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.

I have created a link from /tmp/mysql.sock to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and
now MySQL works fine.

However, I think I should change somewhere in the file my.ini the location
of the socket...

Thank you.