Nurullah Akkaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/08/2005 08:43:27
PM:

> i have two tables one of them is a que of urls and the other is list
> of urls that have been processed
> now i want to select a url from Que that is not in the processed urls
> table how can i do this in one select i do not want my application to
> do two seperate select statements?
>
> thx..
>

> Nurullah Akkaya                                 What lies behind us
> and what
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]         lies before us are tiny matters
> Registered Linux User #301438     compared to what lies within us.
>
> WARNING all messages          "If at first an idea is not
> containing attachments             absurd, there is no hope for it"
> or html will be silently               Albert Einstein
> deleted. Send only
> plain text.
>
> Because the people who are crazy enough to think
> they can change the world, are the ones who do.....

It's a simple LEFT JOIN query (works on any version):

SELECT q.url
from que q
LEFT JOIN processedlist l
        on q.url = l.url
WHERE l.url IS NULL;

Since you didn't actually post your table definitions, you will need to
convert the above query to fit your column and table names.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine